Thursday, April 06, 2006

FOB

...that's Fall Out Boy to you who don't have a young teenager in your house. I took my daughter and her friend to her first "rock concert" last week. FOB, All American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights and First to Last. And yes, 25 year old band lead singers are still saying "mother-f---er" every other word, and junior high kids still think it is cool and shriek with glee. My daughter asked if it bothered me, because it didn't bother her because she hears that all day long in 7th grade. I told her it didn't bother me...if 25 year old men think its cool to talk like 7th graders, that's a personal problem,.... but it did bother me that 55 year old men like Ozzy Osborne think it is still cool (I took our Japanese exchange student to the Ozzfest a few years ago... it was his opportunity of a lifetime: $9.79 lawn seats or 125.00US to see him in Japan). Anyway, SOME ancient rock stars have aged gracefully.... and actually the kiddos put on a decent show. I told my daughter that the Hawthorne Heights guitarist needs to go back to Jack Black's School of Rock and learn some new poses. She said "NO KIDDING! He did the SAME POSE SOOOO many times!!!"

I just have to wonder what parents let their 12 year old daughters out of the house looking hotter than an East Van Buren hooker. Sad.

2 comments:

Kenzy said...

nice one dad....nice one.lol.

Mimi said...

Glad you um, enjoyed?